Hibernate

What is hibernate
hi
Hibernate is a pure Java object-relational mapping (ORM) and persistence framework that allows you to map plain old Java objects to relational database tables using (XML) configuration files. Its purpose is to relieve the developer from a significant amount of relational data persistence-related programming tasks.Hibernate maps the Java classes to the database tables. It also provides the data query and retrieval facilities that significantly reduces the development time.Hibernate is not the best solutions for data centric applications that only uses the stored-procedures to implement the business logic in database. It is most useful with object-oriented domain modes and business logic in the Java-based middle-tier. Hibernate allows transparent persistence that enables the applications to switch any database. Hibernate can be used in Java Swing applications, Java Servlet-based applications, or J2EE applications using EJB session beans.

with Regards
deepa

hi Laxmi

I want to know why we use hybernate instead of jdbc
plz send reoly asap.

thank you
Hi friend
hybernate support many features as compared to jdbc so thats why we use hybernate mostly Ok
Those features R as Follows:

1) Hibernate is data base independent, The code will work for all kind of database like Derby, MySQL,ORACLE, PostGreSQL, SQLServer etc.

Where as in JDBC query must be database specific

2) As Hibernate is set of Objects , No need of SQL knowledge.

In JDBC you need SQL Knowledge is must.

3) In Hibernate, Criteria Query take care of Query Tuning. In case of JDBC you need to tune your queries.

4) As Hibernate Supports two level of cache, you can store data into catch for better performance while in JDBC you need to implement your java cache.

5) Hibernate supports Query cache and It will provide the statistics about your query and database status.

JDBC Not provides any statistics.

6) Development fast in case of Hibernate because you don?t need to write queries

7) No need to create any connection pool in case of Hibernate. You can use c3p0.

In case of JDBC you need to write your own connection pool

8) In the xml file you can see all the relations between tables in case of Hibernate. Easy readability.

9) You can load your objects on start up using lazy=false in case of Hibernate.

But JDBC Don't have such support.

10 ) Hibernate Supports automatic versioning of rows but JDBC Not.

I hope it is clear.
with rgds
deepa

Last edited:
hi
Hibernate is a pure Java object-relational mapping (ORM) and persistence framework that allows you to map plain old Java objects to relational database tables using (XML) configuration files. Its purpose is to relieve the developer from a significant amount of relational data persistence-related programming tasks.Hibernate maps the Java classes to the database tables. It also provides the data query and retrieval facilities that significantly reduces the development time.Hibernate is not the best solutions for data centric applications that only uses the stored-procedures to implement the business logic in database. It is most useful with object-oriented domain modes and business logic in the Java-based middle-tier. Hibernate allows transparent persistence that enables the applications to switch any database. Hibernate can be used in Java Swing applications, Java Servlet-based applications, or J2EE applications using EJB session beans.

with Regards
deepa

Hi deepa,

can you please send me All java, spring, hibernate related materials to me on my email id: sumit.kr.singh14@gmail.com.

Thanks & Regards,
Sumit Singh