HTML Stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
it is not a programming language
used for designing web sites.
it give us formated(Look and Feel) out put to enduser.
it's body started with the tag HTML (optional)
Here End tag is optional
it give us static page
it is designed to display data with focus on how data looks
its tag are predefined
If you need to display dynamic data in your HTML document, it will take a lot of work to edit the HTML each time the data changes.
it is Extensible Markup Language
it must be start with the tag <?xml version="1.0" ?>
it must be close with endTag
it was desinged to carrydata, not to display data
its tag are not predefined, it is user defined
it was carryin information
XML was designed to transport and store data, with focus on what data is.
1.While html possesses predefined and well-specified attributes, xml doesn’t. Document authors can set up their own xml words which are specific to their application/business requirements.
2. xml infixes the conception of regularness. the regularness rules of xml polish off certain ambiguity inbuilt in processing markup languages like html by implementing rules like mandating that all attribute values should be in quotes.
XML stands for Extensible Markup Language
• XML is a markup language much like HTML
• XML was designed to carry data,
• XML tags are not predefined.
• XML is designed to be self-descriptive.
• XML is a W3C Recommendation
HTML - short for Hypertext Markup Language
It provides a means to describe the structure of text-based information in a document by denoting certain text as headings, paragraphs, lists, and to supplement that text with interactive forms, embedded images, and other objects.
• Publish online documents with headings, text, tables, lists, photos,
• Retrieve online information via hypertext links, at the click of a button.
• Design forms for conducting transactions with remote services, for use in searching for information, making reservations, ordering products.
• Include spread-sheets, video clips, sound clips, and other applications directly in their documents.
HTML is mostly used for display the content in webpage. XML is mostly used in passing message from server to server or device to device. As we know RSS Feed is one of the most famus technique. The main difference between those two Markup language is XML is user defined format so you can use any tag but in HTML which is used to display only the Webpage which have some set of tags.
HTML Sitemap is a organized list of all hyperlinks of your website pages it will be helpful to your visitors navigate and they can find necessary information easily. It is specially for human. XML Sitemaps are in a specific technical format which allow search engine spiders to index your site quickly at once
I think that the main difference between the XML and HTML is that XML is user defined format so you can use any tag but in HTML which is used to display only the Webpage which have some set of tags. XML focus on what data is and HTML is display data. That's it.
HTML is a truncation for HyperText Markup Language. HTML was intended to show information with concentrate on what information looks like. XML was intended to be a product and equipment free instrument used to transport and store information, with concentrate on what information is. XML gives a system to characterizing markup dialects.